Title of Position: Nurses Alumni Association Chair in Health and the Aging Process
Contact name: Diane Smith
Organization: Rush University College of Nursing
Phone: +1 770-396-3939
Job Location: Chicago, IL
- An earned doctorate and a master’s degree in nursing from an accredited institution.
- Eligibility for licensure as a professional nurse in Illinois.
- Established program of research, evidenced by documented and sustained experience in the development, implementation, and publication of research in health and aging.
- External funding in health and aging research.
- Currently holds senior rank
- Maintaining a program of research from a diverse externally funded portfolio in an area related to health and aging;
- Inspiring faculty and students in developing research careers in health and aging through active mentorship;
- Leading efforts to secure internal and external resources for developing a community of scholars in areas related to health and aging;
- Developing and maintaining national and international interdisciplinary networks to promote translation of research in health and aging into practice;
- Championing the Rush University mission, vision and values;
- Teaching in area(s) of expertise at graduate levels (pre/post licensure); and
- Advocating a culture of inclusion in mentoring diverse faculty and students and in all research- related endeavors.